What you’ll need
- 1 package of extra firm organic tofu
- 1/2 cup uncooked jasmine brown rice, (20 min. cook rice is preferable to speed up the cooking process!)
- 3 bulbs of baby bokchoy
- 2 persian cucumbers
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 red onion, but you’ll only be needing half
- 4 tbsp. of rice vinegar
- Sesame seeds (optional)
What you probably already have:
- Olive Oil
- 1 pot
- 1 skillet
- 1 bowl
- Make your tofu- cube tofu. Pan fry cubed tofu in a little bit of oil of your choice on a medium high flame. When tofu is golden brown, pour the marinate over while the tofu is still in the pan. Let the marinade caramelize the tofu cubes. Set aside.
- Prepare Brown Rice- Bring 1 cup of water, 1/2 cup of rinsed brown rice and a 1/2 tsp of kosher salt to a boil. Once boiling, reduce heat to low, stir, cover and cook for 20 minutes. Remove from heat after water is absorbed, let it sit for a few minutes, then fluff.
- Sauté Baby Bok Choy- Heat a skillet with 1 tbsp of oil on medium high heat. Crush or mince the garlic cloves and sauté until fragrant- be sure not to burn the garlic as it burns very easily! Place shredded bok choy in the pan and sauté for 5-6 minutes or until tender.
- Assemble your bowl- start with your brown rice, this should be the base of your bowl. Next, place tofu on one side of the bowl. Place sautéed bok choy on the opposite side of the bowl. Place pickled veggies in the middle of the bowl, garnish with sesame seeds and enjoy!
Drizzle with Coco Oil-Free Miso Ginger Dressing for an added burst of flavor.