What you’ll need
What you’ll need:
- Coco Shawarma Spiced Chicken Strips
- Coco Maple Tahini
- 2 whole wheat pita breads
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 English cucumber
- 2 lemons, one for serving
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
What you probably have:
- Olive Oil
- 1 skillet
- 1 bowl
- Heat a large skillet with 1-2 tbsp of olive oil. Once the oil is hot, cook shawarma strips for about 5-7 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through. Set aside.
- Finely dice cucumber and tomatoes. Toss with the juice of 1 lemon, 1 tbsp of olive oil, ground cumin and salt and pepper to taste. Add finely chopped parsley and mix well.
- Slice pita lengthwise, in half and toast or warm.
- Assemble your pita pockets and finish off with drizzled Coco Maple Tahini. A fun idea could be to create a pita pocket bar and let everyone assemble their sandwiches how they’d like! A bunch of other toppings can include pomegranate seeds, lemon wedges, red cabbage, and Aleppo pepper